top of page
tax forms

Call Us NOW!



Toll Free




106-281 East Island Hwy

P.O. Box 397

Parksville, BC V9P 2G5

Offering Flexible, Accessible CPA Services in BC

Chartered Professional Accountants

At Dene Roberts Inc. on Vancouver Island, you’ll find that we’re a small, customer-focused business. We tailor our services around your needs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to register for a GST number?
You must register for a GST/HST account if, as part of your business, you provide taxable property and services in Canada AND no longer qualify as a small supplier. Read more.

Should I open a TFSA?
If you’ve read about the Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), you know that any contributions to a TFSA are tax-free even when they’re withdrawn. While this is a valuable incentive to save, Dene Roberts Inc. understands that every individual’s financial needs are unique. We encourage you, therefore, to book an appointment with us to discuss which savings and investment options would be the most effective for you.

When are taxes due?

  • Corporations’ taxes are due 6 months following the end of the calendar year. Interest is applied after 90 days.

  • Personal income taxes are due each year on April 30th.

  • Sole proprietors’ taxes are due each year on June 15th.

Service Area

  • Vancouver Island

  • All Over BC and AB

Links to Government Forms

Other Useful Links

Do you own your own business? Do you employ a caregiver, nanny or domestic help? You can submit an application online to register for a business number (BN) and other Canada Revenue Agency program accounts, including corporation income tax, GST/HST, payroll and import-export. If you need more information on whether you need a BN, or if you have questions about how to register your business, please visit our office.


Most BC employers are legally required to register with WorkSafeBC and pay insurance premiums to cover employees in case of work-related injuries. The insurance also protects employers against lawsuits initiated by employees who have been injured. The user-friendly online registration process takes less than half an hour to complete and walks you through a few questions to determine your eligibility and classification.

Medical Travel Expenses

You may be eligible to claim travel and transportation expenses for medical care on your tax return. Learn more online about eligible medical travel expenses or call Dene Roberts Inc. for more information.

Come and See Us

bottom of page